1. Read verses 1-4. What was Paul's heart's desire for Israel? Why could they not be saved by zeal? Why wouldn't they submit to God's righteousness?
2. Read verses 5-8. According to Moses, how can men under the law be righteous? Why do people ask the questions in verses 6 and 7? Read verse 8. (Compare Dt 30:14) What does the righteousness by faith say? (6-8)
3. Read verses 9 and 10. What must we do to be saved? What does it mean to believe in the heart that God raised Jesus from the dead? Why is it so important to make a confession of Christ with one's own mouth?
4. Read verses 11-13. What is the promise to those who put their trust in the Lord? What does this mean? Read verses 13-15. What is the chain reaction of belief?
5. Read verses 16-21. How is faith planted in people's hearts? (17) What did Paul teach about the Israelites who had heard, but had not believed? What shows that God has not given up on Israel? (21)