Authored by HQ Bible Study Team: Teddy Hembekides, Mark Yang, Ron Ward, and Augustine Suh
2 John 1:1-13
Key verse: 1:4
1. Who is the sender, to whom is the letter addressed (1a)? On what basis are they related (1b-2,3b)? What does “the truth, which lives in us and will be with us forever” mean? What blessing does John pronounce in his greeting (3)?
2. What gives John great joy (4)? What does it mean to “walk in the truth”? What exhortation did he give “the dear lady” (5-6)? How is love related to the truth? What does it mean to “walk in love”?
3. Who are the deceivers John is concerned about (7,9)? Why should the believers watch out (8)? Why is being deceived such a serious matter?
4. What truth should guide their practice of Christian hospitality (10-11)? Why is it important not to compromise with false teachers?
5. Why did John stop writing, though he had much more to say (12)? What final greeting did he give (13)?