1. What was Jesus doing? (18a)One day Jesus was praying alone. Only his disciples were with him.
A. Jesus was praying all by himselfB. Jesus was standing on the street corner praying before all C. Jesus was praying in a private place and his disciples were with him D. None of the answers are correct
2. What was the first question Jesus asked of his disciples? (18b)He asked them, "Who do the crowds say I am?"
A. He asked them what the crowds thought of himB. He asked them what they thought about himC. He asked them what they wanted for breakfast D. All the answers are correct
3. Who did the people of Jesus’ time believe he was? (19)They replied, "Some say John the Baptist. Others say Elijah. Still others say that one of the prophets of long ago has come back to life."
A. John the Baptist whom King Herod had beheadedB. Elijah, a man of God C. One the other prophets who had been brought back to life D. All the answers are correct
4. What did Jesus ask the disciples? (20a)"But what about you?" he asked. "Who do you say I am?"
6. What does the word Christ mean?(John 4:25) The woman said, "I know that Messiah is coming." (He is called Christ.) "When he comes, he will explain everything to us."
A.“Messiah” = “Anointed one”= “the one chosen by God”
B.The one who answers all spiritual questions and problems
C.The one who fulfilled God’s promise for a Savior
D. All the answers are correct
7. What did Jesus say must happen to him? (22)He said, "The Son of Man must suffer many things. The elders will not accept him. The chief priests and teachers of the law will not accept him either. He must be killed and on the third day rise from the dead."
A. He must suffer many thingsB. He must be rejected by Jewish religious leadersC. He must be killed and be buriedD. He must be raised to life again on the third day E. All the answers are correct
8. Why did Jesus have to suffer, die and be raised again?(Romans 6:23)When you sin, the pay you get is death. But God gives you the gift of eternal life because of what Christ Jesus our Lord has done.