2. Who was Lazarus and how did he live? (20-21)A man named Lazarus was placed at his gate. Lazarus was a beggar. His body was covered with sores. 21 Even dogs came and licked his sores. All he wanted was to eat what fell from the rich man's table.
4. What happened to the rich man? (22b-25)The rich man also died and was buried. 23 In hell, the rich man was suffering terribly. He looked up and saw Abraham far away. Lazarus was by his side.24 So the rich man called out, 'Father Abraham! Have pity on me! Send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water. Then he can cool my tongue with it. I am in terrible pain in this fire.' 25 "But Abraham replied, 'Son, remember what happened in your lifetime. You received your good things. Lazarus received bad things. Now he is comforted here, and you are in terrible pain.
5. How is a person’s eternal destiny fixed after death?(26; Hebrews 9:27)Besides, a wide space has been placed between us and you. So those who want to go from here to you can't go. And no one can cross over from there to us.'Hebrews 9:27 People have to die once. After that, God will judge them.
6. Why did Lazarus the beggar go to paradise? (27-29) "The rich man answered, 'Then I beg you, father. Send Lazarus to my family. 28 I have five brothers. Let Lazarus warn them. Then they will not come to this place of terrible suffering.' 29 "Abraham replied, 'They have the teachings of Moses and the Prophets. Let your brothers listen to them.'
9. What are the main teachings of scripture that peopleneed to believe? (31, 1 Corinthians 15:3-4) What I received I passed on to you. And it is the most important of all. Here is what it is. Christ died for our sins, just as Scripture said he would. 4 He was buried. He was raised from the dead on the third day, just as Scripture said he would be.