Key verse 10:45, “For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”
1. On the way up to Jerusalem, why were the disciples astonished and those who followed afraid (32a)? How specifically did Jesus talk about again what was going to happen to him (32b-34)?
2. What did James and John ask Jesus for (35-37)? What should they do in order to receive glory (38)? What was their reply (39a)?
3. How did Jesus accept their reply (39b)? Yet what did he say about glory (40)? Why did the ten disciples become indignant (41)?
4. How did the rulers of the Gentiles exercise their authority (42)? What should the disciples be (43)? What is true greatness (44)?
5. What was the purpose of Jesus’ coming into the world (45a)? How did he serve the people (45b)? Through his serving, what grace did we receive? How can we live lives that serve others like Jesus?