Key verse 14:6
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”
1. Why were the disciples troubled (1a,13:36)? How could they overcome their trouble (1b-3)? What does it mean to trust in God?
2. What does Jesus say the disciples knew (4)? What was Thomas' question (5)? What did Jesus declare about himself (6)?
3. Why did Philip ask Jesus to show them the Father (7-8)? Why was his request unreasonable (9)? What must Philip believe (10-11)?
4. What hope did Jesus give to the troubled disciples (12)? How could they do great things (13-15)?
5. Whom would the Father give and what would he do for the disciples (16-17)? Why should they not feel like orphans in the world (18-20)? What will those who love Jesus do (21-24)?
6. What does the Counselor do (25-27)? Why should the disciples be glad that Jesus is going to the Father (28)? Why did Jesus tell them before it happened (29-31)?