"For the Lord your God dried up the Jordan before you until you had crossed over. The Lord your God did to the Jordan just what he had done to the Red Sea when he dried it up before us until we had crossed over."
1. Read verses 1-3. After the whole nation had crossed the Jordan what did the Lord tell Joshua to do? What were the priests carrying the ark doing at that time? (3:17) (Put your self in their places!)
2. Read verses 4-5. What did Joshua tell the twelve men to do? What hint did he give them as to the reason for doing this? (6a)
3. Read verses 6-9. How were these twelve stones to help in the education of future generations? Why must they remember the crossing of the Jordan? What did the twelve men do? What does this show about them?
4. Read verses10-13. What were the priests carrying the ark of the covenant doing? What can we learn from them? Why did the men of Reuben, Gad and the half-tribe of Manasseh go in front of the people?
5. Read verse 14-18. How did God exalt Joshua? Why was this important? When did the priests carrying the ark of the covenant come up out of the water? What can we learn from them?
6. Read verses 19-24. When and where did they camp? What lesson in history did Joshua teach? What did he teach about God? Why is in necessary to have a sense of God's history?