1. Read verse 1. Where were Joshua and the Israelites? What were they planning to do? (1:2) What instructions did Joshua give the two spies? What kind of courage did they need? Where did they go?
2. Read verses 2-7. What happened when the king of Jericho was alerted to the presence of spies in his city? How did Rahab help the spies? What personal danger did she face?
3. Read verses 8-9. Why did Rahab take such a great risk and even betray her own country? Read verses 10-11. What did Rahab believe about God? What was the basis of her faith?
4. Read verses 12-14. What favor did she ask of the spies? What agreement did Rahab and the spies make? (14) Read verses 15-21. How did she help them make good their escape? What was the sign of the scarlet cord?
5. Read verses 22-24. What was the report which the spies made to Joshua? Why was Rahab such an important key to the conquest of Jericho and ultimately, the promised land?