FEED MY SHEEP
John 21:15-25 #50
Key Verse: 21:17b
1. Read verse 15. On which disciple did Jesus focus his attention? Why? What did Jesus ask? What does he mean by “more than these?”
2. What does it mean to love Jesus? What was Peter’s response and Jesus’ command?
3. Read verses16-17. How is this exchange repeated? What does it mean to “feed my lambs,” “take care of my sheep” and feed my sheep?” Why was Peter hurt? Why did he need to be hurt to be healed?
4. Read verses 18-19. What change would take place in Peter’s life as a disciple of Jesus? What would be the same? Why did Jesus speak about Peter’s death?
5. Read verses 20-23. Why did Peter ask about John? What did Jesus teach him? What can we learn here about the writer of this book? (24,25).