1. Read verses 1-3. What was the time and place of Jesus’ arrest? (What to the other gospels teach about this place? [Mt 26]) How did Judas know this place? What role did he play? (5b)
2. Read verses 4-9. How did Jesus identify himself? How did his arresters react? Why? What is revealed about Jesus here? What did Jesus know? (4) What was he concerned about? (8,9; 17:11)
3. Read verses 10-11. How did Peter react? Why? Why did Jesus restrain Peter? What reason does Jesus give and what does this mean?
* JESUS AND PETER ON TRIAL (15-24)
4. Read verses 12-14. Where was Jesus taken first? Who were Annas and Caiaphas? Read verses 15-18. How did Peter get into the courtyard? What did he say and do? How did he try to save himself? What contrast can you find in Jesus and Peter?
5. Read verses 19-24. Which high priest questioned Jesus? About what? How did Jesus answer? Why did one official strike Jesus? How did Jesus respond? What was wrong with this trial? Where was Jesus sent from there? (Mt 26:57-67)
* THE ROOSTER CROWS (25-27)
6. Read verses 25-27. In the meantime, what was Peter doing? How was he protecting himself? Why did he deny Jesus two more times? What does it mean that the rooster crowed? (13:38)