How It Works
- You transfer appreciated stocks, bonds, or mutual fund shares you have owned for more than one year to University Bible Fellowship.
- University Bible Fellowship sells your securities and uses the proceeds for its programs.
- Use our Stock Transfer Form to facilitate the gift.
- You receive an immediate income tax deduction for the fair market value of the securities on the date of transfer (even if you originally paid much less for them).
- You pay no capital gains tax on the transfer when the stock is sold.
- Giving appreciated stock can be more beneficial than giving cash. The "cost" of your gift is often less than the deduction you gain by making it.
How to Transfer Appreciated Securities to University Bible Fellowship
Thank you for your interest in transferring stock to University Bible Fellowship. Please follow the instructions below to arrange your transfer.
1. Provide your broker with the following information:
- Broker: U.S. Bancorp
- DTC Number: 0280
- Account Name: University Bible Fellowship
- Account Number: 13613708
- University Bible Fellowship’s Federal Tax ID number: 51-0188796
- Name of stock to be transferred
- Number of shares to be transferred
2. Please complete and submit the Stock Transfer Form, or send the following information via email or letter to University Bible Fellowship:
- Your complete name, address, phone, and email
- Name and contact information of your brokerage firm
- Full name of stock being transferred (not just stock code)
- Number of shares being transferred
- Anticipated date of transfer
- Information on how your donation should be designated/distributed
University Bible Fellowship
Attn: Treasury Office
6558 N. Artesian Ave.
Chicago, IL 60645